Travel Journal: Ireland, Our First International Trip !

 08/26/2023

For the first time in both of our lives we are stepping foot off of American soil. I have had this trip to Ireland posted on a dream board in my room since I was a kid, I did my entire college thesis about Ireland and have been dreaming of this trip for what feels like forever, and today I start it with my best friend ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ชWe are trying our hand at some travel blogging for anyone who wants to follow our journey and learn the where and what’s of the Emerald Isle. ๐ŸŒŽ …..

I also wanted to share something personal, in the hopes other people who may have it realize it’s ok (I offer my support to anyone I can ever help with it) and because I am finally able to admit it out loud and not be embarrassed myself. 

I have ANXIETY. Major, sometimes debilitating anxiety. I have spent many years often trying to cover it up and make excuses when it happens but for anyone else who fights with anxiety… 

This trip is the culmination of me continuously pushing my boundaries and anxiety (in all areas of my life). I love travel but boy does it get stressful at times and push my boundaries ๐Ÿ˜… Especially flying- which is a HUGE fear of mine that I fight each time we go. 

Anxiety feels very heavy sometimes even debilitating with those waves that sometimes feel like you will just drown BUT if you fight it (and ANY mental illness for that matter) and keep keeping on, you are a brave, amazing, capable wonderful human and should give yourself a huge pat on the back. 

So to anyone fighting it or any other mental health battle of your own - be afraid, be terrified, and do it anyway. Tell your anxiety to shove it. You can still do anything even if you feel paralyzed with fear. Take. The. Trip. Do all the things your anxiety tells you that you can’t because YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN ✈️ So… with tremendous gratitude and our traveling feet ready to go …

๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช☘️๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช☘️๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช☘️๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช☘️๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช☘️๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช☘️๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช☘️

Let the next adventure begin- we can’t WAIT to see what you have in store for us Ireland ๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿ›ฌ♥️♥️ #wanderlust #irelandtravel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Journal: Washington Day 6, Tacoma, nature and family time !

Travel Journal: Washington Day 5, More Seattle and Kayaking the Puget Sound !

Travel Journal: New Orleans- The Big Easy & Biloxi, Mississippi